Forgot Login?   Register  
REMINDER: FAA certificate holders permanently residing in the UK

The exemption to provide additional time for FAA Airman Certificate holders who permanently reside in the UK using the declaration process, to be able to convert to a UK Part-FCL licence, expires on 21 December 2021 (midnight). No extension or change of legislation is expected.

A UK Part-FCL licence or a short-term validation certificate (maximum of 12 months) is required when flying a G-reg or Third Country-reg if you live in the UK or if the operator is based in the UK.

Your FAA certificate needs to be verified by the FAA before it can be converted, please allow sufficient time for this process as the CAA is entirely dependent on the promptness of the FAA authorities.

Details of how to do this is available on the
CAA website.

When submitting your licence application, please make sure you provide evidence of being current through a valid and up to date logbook with either a currency sticker or counter signature for your most recent FAR 61 flight review. The provisions of Article 12(4) of the Aircrew Regulation (UK Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011) which permitted ICAO licence holders who only fly for pleasure, to fly in UK airspace with their ICAO licence, ceases to apply from 20 June 2021.

Go to top